Sunday, September 18, 2011

THE Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Stanton has come across as a strong woman to me, full of knowledge she was armed with to use for the rights of women everywhere.  She brought up many points men used to say women were inferior and refuted them.  She pointed out how women actually have more power in men's life than men want to believe.  She has many examples of women who have gone down in history for their bold ideas and actions.  As Stanton continues through her speech she continues through her ideas of how women are the same as men and declares that women need to continue to fight for their rights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pdbnzFUsXI&feature=related
^^^  WHAT THE FUCK?!!!
This movie made me super upset!  Feminism is viewed as a negative in society today!  The kid that said we got equal rights in the 1920s we need to stop bitchting, to his friend that said feminists are lesbians, to the woman who doesn't feel there's a need for women's rights, to her husband who said it's clear that the man is the head of the household all seem to make me cringe.  Being a feminist is simply believing that women should have the same rights as men.  Saying that men and women have equal rights now is a little depressing.  http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/moneymatters/a/edandearnings.htm This article was written in August of this year!!  They state how men will make over $2 million more than their female counterparts over their working careers.  All of these "crazy feminists" have given me the rights that I have today.  I go to a university and do group projects with men and I vote every time there's an election.  I find it so ironic that women today say there's no need for "crazy feminists" and look at Stanton as one and yet she was the one that fought so hard to get the rights we have today.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you in your summary. Stanton did include examples of women that have been known throughout society for what they did to influence it. When I watched your first video I was in shock of what the men in NY had to say about feminism. Seriously, feminist are not lesbians, I would love to know where they got that idea from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of the things said in that video made me SOOOO mad!! I was fuming after I found it. I've shown so many of my friend's this and we've talked about it since then!! AHHHHHHH

    ReplyDelete